Cheddar Cheese Risotto
I was a little bit dubious about this Nigella recipe - but as ever, it was delicious. A quick and comforting meal any day of the week. Use a strong cheddar if you can - I used Davidstow Extra Mature!
CHEDDAR CHEESE RISOTTO
By Beth Sachs, 23rd December 2008
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 leek, sliced finely
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 125g Cheddar, cubed
- Chives, chopped
- Step 1: Melt butter and oil and soften leek for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Add rice and fry for 1 minute, add wine and mustard and stir until wine evaporated.
- Step 3: Gradually add stock, ladleful at a time, until rice is cooked and liquid absorbed.
- Step 4: Take off heat and stir through cheddar and chives.