Oven Baked Risotto
A rainy Sunday calls for comfort food - and bearing in mind my house is upside down at the moment, it needed to be easy. This recipe from Good Food fitted the bill. No need for standing by the stove and stirring - this is a bung it in the oven risotto - perfect and so tasty.
OVEN BAKED RISOTTO
By Beth Sachs, 26th July 2009
- 250g pack smoked bacon , chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion , chopped
- 25g butter
- 300g risotto rice
- half a glass of white wine (optional)
- 150g peas,
- 700ml hot chicken stock (from a cube is fine)
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Step 1: Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Step 2: Fry the bacon pieces in an ovenproof casserole for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp. Stir in the onion and butter and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Tip in the rice and mix well until coated. Pour over the wine if using and cook for 2 mins until absorbed.
- Step 3: Add the hot stock and peas, then give the rice a quick stir. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 20 mins until just cooked. Stir through most of the parmesan and serve sprinkled with the remainder.