A cheesy oozy fish pie with a sweet potato topping.
CHEESY FISH PIE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes |
- 1kg Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP Creme Fraiche
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- for the sauce:
- 500ml Full fat milk
- 125g Butter
- 75g Plain Flour
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Small bunch of dill, chopped
- 600g White Fish, cut into chunks
- 175g Smoked Haddock, cut into chunks
- 150g Large raw prawns
- 75g Cheddar
- Step 1: Cook potatoes in salted water until tender (10 minutes), drain and mash with the creme fraiche, mustard, 50ml of milk and 55g butter, season.
- Step 2: To make the sauce, melt the remaining butter, add flour to make a roux then gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Add the bay leaves for a couple of minutes to infuse then discard. Finally add in the chopped dill.
- Step 3: Preheat the oven to 200C/180Cfan. Place the fish and prawns in the pie dish, pour over the sauce, spoon over the mash and scatter on grated cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes.