Beef and Feta Pasta Bake
I had some leftover slow cooker bolognese and decided to make a greek inspired pasta bake with some feta and additional spices added to the meat. This would easily serve 6 - with some green vegetables.
BEEF AND FETA PASTA BAKE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour |
- 3 Cups of leftover meat sauce (or just make from fresh)
- 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Ground Cloves
- Pinch of Chili Powder
- 500g Pasta (I had Fusilli)
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 600ml Milk
- 200g Feta, cubed
- 150g Cheddar, grated
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c.
- Step 2: Put the meat sauce into a bowl and mix in the cinnamon. ground cloves and chili.
- Step 3: Make the cheese sauce by melting the butter, then adding the flour to make a roux, stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add in the milk and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Take off the heat, stir in the cheese and some salt and pepper and leave to one side.
- Step 4: Cook the pasta according to instructions and mix half the pasta in with the meat sauce and half in with the feta cheese sauce.
- Step 5: In a large (30cm x 30cm approx) ovenproof dish layer the meat and pasta sauce on the botton then spoon over cheese and pasta sauce.
- Step 6: Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbling.
- Step 7: Serve with green vegetables.