Chicken, Ham and Spinach Lasagne
This lasagne utilised the leftover meat I had in my fridge, both from my Sunday Roast and also the large gammon I cooked on New Years Day.
CHICKEN, HAM AND SPINACH LASAGNE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 55 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes |
- 75g Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, sliced
- 50g Plain Flour
- 600ml Milk
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Nutmeg
- Handful of grated Parmesan Cheese
- Handful of washed baby Spinach leaves
- 400g Cooked Chicken
- 200g Cooked Ham
- Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 150g Grated Cheddar
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c (350f). Melt 25g of the Butter in a pan and gently fry the Onion and Garlic for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan and set to the side.
- Step 2: Melt the remaining butter and then add the flour to make a smooth paste. Gradually add the milk and whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Step 3: Take off the heat and add the baby spinach, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Step 4: Put half of the chicken and ham in a 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish and spoon over a third of the sauce. Arrange lasagne sheets over and then put remaining chicken and ham over the top. Spoon over another third of the sauce then cover with lasagne sheets. Finally spoon over final third of the sauce and top with grated cheddar.
- Step 5: Bake for 55 minutes in oven.