A great alternative to a normal cheesecake - and much easier to make. Nigella's Girdlebuster Pie was the inspiration for this creation and the great thing about it is it will sit happily in the freezer for a month - no need to eat it all in one go then!!
ICE CREAM CHEESECAKE
| Serves: 8 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes plus freezing | Cook Time: - | Total Time: 20 Minutes plus freezing |
- For the Base:
- 375g Digestive Biscuits
- 75g Soft Butter
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Litre of Triple Chocolate Ice Cream
- Step 1: Process all the ingredients for the base in a food processor
- Step 2:Press into a 23cm pie plate - forming a lip a little higher than the sides of the plate
- Step 3: Freeze the biscuit layer for 1 hour and in the meantime let your ice cream soften.
- Step 4: Spread the ice cream into the biscuit base and return to the freezer. Serve as and when needed with cream.