Goats Cheese and Thyme Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This chicken dish is the perfect thing for a romantic meal with your loved one and forms part of my Valentines Menu this year. I served the chicken with buttered noodles and broccoli but you could quite easily serve it with some potatoes, or even vegetable rice, whatever tickles your fancy really.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes |
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 100g Crottin Goats Cheese
- 2 TSP Fresh Thyme Leaves plus 2 extra sprigs
- 6 rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 250g Vine Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- To serve, Buttered Noodles and Broccoli
- Step 1: Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Split the chicken breasts almost in half from one long side and open them out like a book. Bat them out a little with a rolling pin to flatten them. Put half the goat's cheese on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with the thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper. Fold the chicken over to enclose the cheese, then wrap each one in three slices of the bacon.
- Step 2: Lightly oil a shallow gratin dish, then arrange the tomatoes over the base. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme sprigs. Sit the chicken on top.
- Step 3: Bake for 40-45 mins until the bacon is crisp and golden and serve with the buttered noodles and broccoli.