Sicilian Orange Cake
Natoora sent me a bag of Sicilian Oranges to use for my Valentines mea, but I had one leftover so set about making an Orange Cake. The result was amazing - wonderful texture, and it could quite easily be served as pudding with a dollop of Creme Fraiche.
SICILIAN ORANGE CAKE
| Serves: 10 slices | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes |
- 250g Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- Zest of 1 Sicilian Orange
- Zest of 1 Amalfi Lemon
- 90ml Freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 TSP Lemon Juice
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 170c/325f/Gas 3. Butter a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Step 2: Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and remove from the heat before it goes completely to liquid.
- Step 3: In a processor or mixer, mix together the eggs and sugar, then add in all the other ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Step 4: Pour into tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Step 5: Take out of the oven and cover the top with buttered foil, put back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Step 6: Leave to cool in tin before serving.