Smoked Mackerel, Leek and Radicchio Pasta Bake
It sounds a bit of a weird combination - but it worked!
Natoora snuck some Radicchio Trevisano Tarvido into my recent Valentines Box and I have to admit I was a bit stumped to begin with. However, after a little bit of research, and a look in the fridge, I came up with this combo. The slightly bitter taste of the radicchio complimented the salty mackerel and sweet leeks perfectly.
SMOKED MACKEREL, LEEK AND RADICCHIO PASTA BAKE
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 2 medium Leeks, sliced
- 1 head of Radicchio Trevisano Tarvido, root cut off and sliced
- 200g Smoked Mackerel, chopped
- Amalfi Lemon, Zest of
- 300ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful of Grated Parmesan
- Handful of Breadcrumbs
- 200g Pasta
- Step 1: Cook pasta according to instructions and set aside for later.
- Step 2: Sweat the leeks in a knob of butter for 10 minutes then add the radicchio and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add in the creme fraiche, lemon zest and mackerel.
- Step 3: Mix in the pasta and spoon into an ovepoof dish.
- Step 4: Top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan and put under a preheated grill for 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.