Condensed milk is the secret ingredient in these super quick and easy Valentines truffles. All you have to do is bung the ingredients in the microwave and let the mixture set! The recipe is meant to yield 24 truffles but between hubby and I eating the mixture straight from the bowl, I only managed to get 16. I suppose you could use the mixture as body paint too - if the mood takes you...
CHOC ORANGE TRUFFLES
| Serves: Makes 20 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes plus chilling | Cook Time: | Total Time: 15 Minutes plus chilling |
- 200g 70% Chocolate
- 300g Carnation Condensed Milk, squeezy bottle useful here
- 3tbsp Whipping cream
- 2tbsp Orange Liqueur or freshly squeezed juice
- finely grated zest of a large Sicilian Orange
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Step 1: Put the chocolate, condensed milk and cream in a large bowl. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted. The mixture will thicken quite a lot – this is normal. Mix in the orange liqueur and zest. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or overnight, so the chocolate sets really well.
- Step 2: Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into truffles, then drop into cocoa powder and coat well. Lift out, place on a baking sheet and chill well in the refrigerator.