The Best Chocolate Cookie Recipe
I used a Hugh F-W recipe as the base for these gorgeous cookies. I fiddled and changed a few of the ingredients but the end result was melt in the mouth cookies - just how we like them. You could add some dried cranberries or sour cherries to the mix if you wanted, just a handful.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPE
| Serves: MAKES 15 COOKIES | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 100g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 125g Butter, melted
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 75g Light Muscavado Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1TSP Vanilla Extract
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 190C/170C Fan. Line two baking trays.
- Step 2: Measure the sugars into a large mixing bowl, beat in the egg then stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Step 3: Sieve in the flour and baking powder and add a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly. Stir through the chocolate at the end.
- Step 4: Place dessert spoon dollops onto the baking sheets - spaced well apart. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Leave to set for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool - best eaten warm.