Election Day Rice Salad
We go to polls tomorrow here in the UK, and I have the 'pleasure' of poll clerking at a local station. The upside of this is the fairly generous pay but the downside (and it's a big one) is you're stuck to your seat for 15 hours, unable to leave the polling station, even for food.
A hearty lunchbox is needed and this Election Day Rice Salad as I have aptly named it, I hope is going to keep me going through what I think is going to be a very busy day!
ELECTION DAY RICE SALAD
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes for rice | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 250g Long Grain Rice - cooked and cooled
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 small Red onion, chopped
- 6 Dried Apricots, chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 100g Cornish Blue Cheese, cubed
- Handful of Dried Blueberries
- Chopped Parsley to serve
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Step 2: Combine all of the rice salad ingredients in a large bowl, mix then pour on dressing and sprinkle over parsley.