I've been looking for an easy warming pud to make for the Christmas pudding haters in our family (there are a few of them!)...and I think I've found it. These are so simple taking just 5 minutes to prepare and about 10 minutes in the oven and taste gorgeously rich and gooey. You could easily double the recipe to serve 8 if you needed to cater for a larger number of people and for an added seasonal twist you could omit the vanilla extract and add the zest of 1 or 2 clementines.
I promise you will be impressed by these!
MOLTON CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 125g Dark Chocolate
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 150g Golden Caster Sugar
- 35g Plain Flour
- 1/2 TSP of Vanilla Extract
- Butter and Flour for ramekins
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200c and butter and lightly flour 4 ramekins (approx 200ml capacity).
- Step 2: Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave (do 20-30 second zaps at a time to prevent it burning).
- Step 3: Whisk eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla extract together until just mixed then fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture into the 4 ramekins and put on a baking sheet. Place in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until a few cracks form on the top.
- Step 5: Serve straight out of the oven with some ice cream or clotted cream.