Mexican Bean Stew
In an attempt to utilise what I had in my cupboards, this lovely Mexican stew was created - its amazing what a few spices can do to pep up some tinned beans! Make this the day before you want to eat it for the best flavour.
MEXICAN BEAN STEW
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes |
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 TSP each of Paprika, Cumin, Coriander, Chili and Oregano
- 1 400g tin of Kidney Beans
- 1 400g tin of Butter Beans
- 1 400g tin of Cannellini Beans
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate , chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- Step 1: Heat the oil in a large casserole and fry the onion and red pepper until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add the spices, beans, tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Step 3: Stir in chocolate until melted and sprinkle over the coriander before serving.