Sausagemeat and Bramley Apple Stuffing
I've been experimenting with stuffing over the last few weeks and thought I'd post my favourite concoction to date. The bramely apple gives it a lovely tang (especially with a glug of cider) and it would make the perfect accompaniment to your turkey.
SAUSAGEMEAT AND APPLE STUFFING
| Serves: 6 | Prep
Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 50 Minutes |
- 450g Sausagemeat
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Bramley, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 TBSP Dried Mixed Herbs
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- If mixture is a little dry, add a glug of Cider!
- Step 1: Fry the onion in a TBSP of butter until soft.
- Step 2: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix thoroughly and then spoon into an ovenproof dish. Uncooked stuffing can be kept in the fridge for a few days.
- Step 3: When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4 and bake for around 40 minutes - check after 30 mins and if browning too much on top cover with foil.