Blue Cheese Carbonara
This recipe for Blue Cheese Carbonara was created out of a need to use up the last few pieces of Stilton I had in the fridge from Christmas and a few sorry looking vegetables in the veg rack. It produced a lovely comforting supper for one (hubby and kids had frittata to use up more of the eggs!). If you had some bacon this could be thrown into the frying pan before the vegetables.
BLUE CHEESE CARBONARA
| Serves: 1 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 130g Pasta (I used Rigatoni)
- 1 Garlic Clove, sliced
- Half a small Courgette, chopped
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP Creme Fraiche
- 50g Blue Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of Toasted Pine Nuts
- Step 1: Fry the garlic, courgette and mushrooms with a tbsp of oil.
- Step 2: Meanwhile bring a a pan of salted water to the boil and throw in your pasta of choice.
- Step 3: When the vegetables are cooked take of the heat and in a jug mix the egg, creme fraiche and blue cheese together.
- Step 4: Drain the pasta and toss in the blue cheese mixture then tip in the garlicky vegetables, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.