I've eaten a lot of Thai Green Curry's in my time. A LOT, but they have always been very hit and miss and never quite lived up to expectation. The last occasion I ate a Thai green curry (only a month or so ago) it was a very definite miss! Bland, watery and robbed are the words that come to mind.
I really wanted it to redeem itself so when I was offered the chance to try Thai Taste Green Curry Paste, in preparation for Thai New Year in April, I jumped at the chance. 'Please please be good'!
Luckily for me it was! The paste had a really good depth of flavour, was well seasoned with a nice spicy kick. The curry only took 20 minutes to prepare , making it a perfect midweek meal . Thai Taste produce many other authentic Thai products and I will be seeking these out at the supermarket next time I visit. A very definite thumbs up from me!
Don't forget you can follow Thai Taste on Twitter or 'Like' on Facebook
THAI GREEN PRAWN CURRY
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes |
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 TBSP Thai Taste Green Curry Paste
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 TBSP Fish Sauce
- 1 TBSP Sweet Chili Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 250g Cooked King Prawns
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Step 1: Fry the onion in a little oil until soft. Turn the heat up slightly and quickly stir fry the courgette and pepper. Add the Thai Taste Green Curry paste and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Step 2: Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice, bring to a simmer then turn down the heat. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir through the cooked prawns for the last 2 minutes.
- Step 3: Serve with rice and sprinkle with fresh coriander.