Carrot and Dried Fig Slices
Moreish, sticky, moist....and I have my Mum to thank for these! The picture may not be wonderful (it was taken on my phone) but these slices really are delicious little treats that you could argue are super healthy thanks to the carrots, fruits and nuts they contain (just ignore the sugar and butter content) - perfect lunchbox fodder no?
Feel free to play around with the ingredients, adding different dried fruits and nuts to suit what you have in. They also keep really well and develop in flavour if kept in an airtight box for a couple of days - they wont last that long though.
CARROT AND FIG SLICES
| Serves: 12 slices | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes |
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 1 TSP Mixed Spice
- 300g Demerera Sugar
- 100g Dried Figs, chopped
- 100g Dried Fruit - e.g Sultana's, Raisins
- 75g Pecan Nuts, chopped
- 100g Carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 100g Butter, melted
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/Gas 4. Sift flour and mixed spice into a large bowl, stir in sugar, figs, dried fruit, nuts and carrot.
- Step 2: In another bowl mix the eggs, butter and oil together then add to the flour mixture and combine
- Step 3: Pour into a baking tin 28cmx 18cm and bake for 35 minutes. Cool then cut into slices.