This salad used up some of the cherry tomatoes from the allotment. The warm dressing makes use of some Cabernet Franc Vinegar from Cornish company Pomona Street and also a new Thyme Honey from the New Zealand Honey Company. Great for lunch, but if you wanted to make it into a main meal just add some homemade bread to mop up the dressing!
ROAST TOMATO, CANNELLINI BEAN AND CHORIZO SALAD
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Sprig of Thyme
- 400g tin of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g Chorizo, halved and sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped finely
- 3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Thyme Honey (or ordinary honey)
- Bag of Rocket and Watercress
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 190c (170 fan) and put the tomatoes and sprig of thyme in a baking tin. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, heat a pan on the hob and fry the chorizo until crisp.
- Step 3: Put the chorizo, drained cannellini beans in a bowl then start on the dressing.
- Step 4: In the pan you cooked the chorizo in pour in a glug oil and cook the red onion until soft, add the vinegar and let it reduce by half, then add the honey and whisk together. Put to one side.
- Step 5: Put the tomatoes and salad in the bowl with the cannellini beans and chorizo and pour over the dressing. Season to taste.