Roast Tomato, Cannellini Bean and Chorizo Salad
This salad used up some of the cherry tomatoes from the allotment. The warm dressing makes use of some Cabernet Franc Vinegar from Cornish company Pomona Street and also a new Thyme Honey from the New Zealand Honey Company. Great for lunch, but if you wanted to make it into a main meal just add some homemade bread to mop up the dressing!
ROAST TOMATO, CANNELLINI BEAN AND CHORIZO SALAD
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Sprig of Thyme
- 400g tin of Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 50g Chorizo, halved and sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped finely
- 3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Thyme Honey (or ordinary honey)
- Bag of Rocket and Watercress
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 190c (170 fan) and put the tomatoes and sprig of thyme in a baking tin. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, heat a pan on the hob and fry the chorizo until crisp.
- Step 3: Put the chorizo, drained cannellini beans in a bowl then start on the dressing.
- Step 4: In the pan you cooked the chorizo in pour in a glug oil and cook the red onion until soft, add the vinegar and let it reduce by half, then add the honey and whisk together. Put to one side.
- Step 5: Put the tomatoes and salad in the bowl with the cannellini beans and chorizo and pour over the dressing. Season to taste.