Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
Pumpkins and squashes are coming in thick and fast at the moment, both from my Mother in Laws allotment and also the weekly veg box. One of the larger pumpkins went into making this warming autumn soup, in preparation for the colder weather that's coming our way, according to the Countryfile weather forecast last night.
I used a pouch of Thai Taste Coconut Milk to give the soup a creamy silky texture the chilli's and roasted garlic gave it a lovely fragrant taste.
PUMPKIN AND COCONUT SOUP
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 50 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes |
- 1 Pumpkin, peeled, seeds discarded and chopped into large chunks
- 10 whole garlic cloves, skin on
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 180ml pouch of coconut milk
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c. Put the chunks of pumpkin in a roasting pan with the whole cloves of garlic - drizzle over oil and season. Roast for about 30 minutes.
- Step 2: While the pumpkin is roasting, fry the onion and chilli in a little oil until soft, add the stock, pumpkin chunks and squeeze the garlic out of their skins into the pan. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer.
- Step 3: Add the coconut milk and heat through.
- Step 4: Take off heat and whizz up with a stick blender.
- Step 5: Serve with some bread.