Chablis wines challenged me to come up with the perfect summer pairing to a glass of cool refreshing Chablis and demonstrate how the wine with such a beautiful minerality can fit so well with many summer dishes.
Many people like to enjoy a glass of Chablis at Christmas time, but seem to forget it can also work incredibly well with summer dishes and flavours. For the Chablis blogger challenge I decided to create a light and summery pizza to eat al fresco on a warm summer evening...along with a glass of chilled Chablis.
I made the dough using my usual recipe in the bread maker then rolled it out to within an inch of its life - the thinner the better. I topped the pizza with tomato passata then layed thin slices of chorizo all over the top. Spoonfuls of my fresh homemade wild garlic pesto were then dolloped on before the torn pieces of buffalo mozzarella were put in place. As a final finishing touch I added some teaspoons of caramelised onion chutney and 2 large sun dried tomatoes cut into strips. In a hot oven for 10 minutes and you have the perfect summery pizza. It was really delicious and went beautifully with the Chablis.
CHORIZO, MOZZARELLA AND PESTO PIZZA
| Serves: makes 3 pizza's | Prep Time: 45 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 55 Minutes |
- 1/2 TSP Dried Yeast
- 300g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Salt
- 170ml Water
- For the topping
- 100g Chorizo, sliced
- 2 Mozzarella Balls, torn
- Sun Dried Tomatoes, cut into strips
- Caramelised Onion Chutney
- 1 jar Passata
- Step 1: Make the pizza dough in the breadmaker according to manufacturers guidelines. The amounts stated above are for a Panasonic machine on setting 22
- Step 2: Divide the dough into 3 then roll each piece out thinly and put on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 230c then top with passata, chorizo, mozzarella, pesto etc. Bake for 8- 10 minutes until cooked.
| Author: Beth Sachs | Date: 31st May 2014 |
Disclaimer: I was given 2 bottles of Chablis as part of the blogger challenge.