Baileys recently asked me to develop a recipe using their famous whisky and cream liqueur. With the summer barbecue season nearly here I decided to make an indulgent creamy baked cheesecake to feed a crowd. This can be made a day in advance but leave off the cocoa powder and crushed Flake until just before serving.
BAILEYS CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
| Serves: 10 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Total Time: 55 Minutes |
Ingredients: for a 25cm Springform tin
For the base
- 85g Hot melted butter
- 14 Dark Chocolate Digestives, blitzed in a processor to crumbs
- 900g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 5 TBSP Plain Flour
- 25ml Baileys
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 285ml Soured Cream
- 142ml Soured Cream
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
- 2 Cadbury's Flakes, crushed to sprinkle on top
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/fan 160. Line the base of a 25cm springform tin with baking paper and lightly oil the sides.
- Step 2: Mix together the base ingredients, press into the tin and bake for 10 mins, set aside to cool.
- Step 3: Switch the oven up to 220c/fan 200. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until really smooth (I used my Kitchen Aid) then add the flour, Baileys, eggs and soured cream. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 10 minutes. Turn down the oven to 110c/fan 90 and bake for a further 25 minutes. Turn off oven, open door and leave in there to cool.
- Step 4: Smooth the soured cream on top and put it in the fridge to set, then sift over cocoa powder and sprinkle over the crushed Flakes.