In other news Heidi is now 4 months old - where did that time go?! Lowen and Rory are on their school holidays and my house looks like a bomb site. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been good enough to get on the beach yet so we've been doing lots of baking - these lovely cookies being one of our efforts, as well as den building, watching Harry Potter and playing on the Wii. Hopefully the weather will perk up next week as we have lots of day trips planned.
A little while ago I was sent some baked strawberries to try from Urban Fruit so we teamed them with some milk chocolate chips to create these wonderfully sweet and chewy cookies. If you can't get hold of the baked strawberries then you could substitute with raisins or sultanas.
STRAWBERRY AND MILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES
| Serves: 25 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 150g Butter, softened
- 80g Light Brown Sugar
- 80g Granulated Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1/2 TSP Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100g Baked Dried Strawberries
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 190c/170 Fan. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Step 2: Cream the butter and sugars with a wooden spoon in a large bowl, then beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Step 3: Sieve the flour, bicarb and salt into the bowl and mix until combined. Gently stir in the choc chip and strawberries.
- Step 4: Spoon teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.