I suffered with heartburn REALLY badly during my third pregnancy (and yes she did have a lot of hair) so it was quite timely that Rennie® asked me to develop a healthy recipe for their #SummerTreats challenge.
The criteria was that it had to be colourful, healthy and evocative of summer so I decided to adapt a classic Greek Salad and make it a bit more filling.
The addition of chickpeas and canellini beans to the usual ingredients of feta, tomatoes, olives and red onion made it a lot more robust and kept my tummy happily full from lunchtime through to dinner. The dressing was a lovely combination of oregano, lemon zest and olive oil and gave the salad a real zing.
Eat for lunch and mop up the juices with some crusty bread. Heaven.
GREEK'ISH' SUMMER SALAD
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: - | Total Time: - |
- 6 Tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 100g Pitted Black Olives
- Half a Cucumber, cut in half, deseeded and sliced
- Small Red Onion, sliced
- 200g Feta, Crumbled
- 100g Chickpeas (from a can)
- 100g Canellini Beans (from a can)
- 1TSP Dried Oregano
- Zest of half a Lemon
- 4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Step 1: Place the tomatoes, olives, cucumber, red onion, chickpeas and canellini beans in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Mix together the oregano, lemon zest and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour over the salad.