Aged Havarti Cheese, Prosciutto and Rocket Pizza
Castello have recently launched a new cheese onto the UK market. Aged Havarti is based on an authentic Danish recipe dating back to 1952 and is matured for 12 months. Added cultures give the cheese a lovely crumbly texture and salt crystals (which I could definitely taste) provide a unique contrasting flavour. Stronger than the average cheddar - probably on a par with extra mature cheddar in terms of strength - Aged Havarti is now available in the UK at Waitrose.
Castello kindly sent me some Aged Havarti to sample and I decided to try it out on a pizza. The cheese melted really well and complemented the salty prosciutto perfectly. It's a lovely punchy cheese and one I will be using a lot more of in the future (it's also great eaten in chunks with toasted fennel seeds!).
Note that I make the pizza dough in my breadmaker and the quantities I give are for 3 medium pizza's.
AGED HAVARTI CHEESE, PROSCUITTO AND ROCKET PIZZA
| Serves: makes 3 pizza's | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 8 Minutes | Total Time: 18 Minutes |
- For the pizza dough - which I make in my Breadmaker
- 1/2 TSP Fast Acting Dried Yeast
- 300g Strong White Flour
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 170ml Water
- Topping (for 1 pizza)
- 3 TBSP ready made pizza sauce
- 150g Aged Havarti, crumbled
- 4 Slices of Prosciutto
- Handful of Rocket
- Step 1: Make the pizza dough in a breadmaker, turn out onto a floured surface and cut into 3 pieces.
- Step 2: Preheat oven to 220c/200 fan. Roll out the base to about 20cm diameter and prick the base with a fork.
- Step 3: Spread the pizza sauce onto the pizza and top with the crumbled cheese.
- Step 4: Cook for around 8 minutes.
- Step 5: Once the pizza comes out of the oven top with the prosciutto and rocket.