Ghoulish Eyeball Pasta With Blood Red Sauce
We don't make a huge deal of Halloween here but I do allow the kids to go Trick or Treating to a few neighbours houses. We'll also be tucking into this ghoulish eyeball pasta with blood red meatball sauce on Saturday evening whilst we watch the rugby. It's super easy to make, especially if you use ready made meatballs (I'm all for time saving) and if you can't find spinach tagliatelle just use plain pasta and stir in some pesto sauce to make it green.
The spider is optional!
GHOULISH EYEBALL PASTA WITH BLOOD RED SAUCE
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 4 rashers of Bacon, chopped
- 20 ready made meatballs
- Jar of Passata
- Pinch of Sugar
- Mini Mozzarella (about 20)
- A few Basil leaves
- 1 TBSP Tomato Ketchup
- Green Spinach Tagliatelle to serve
- Step 1: Bring a pan of water to the boil ready for the pasta.
- Step 2: In another pan fry the onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes, turn up the heat then add the meatballs.
- Step 3: Once browned add the passata, sugar, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- Step 4: Cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Step 5: Make the mozzarella eyes by placing a small but of basil on each mozzarella then dip a cocktail stick into the tomato ketchup and make veins on the mozzarella eyeballs.
- Step 6: Drain the pasta and divide into dishes. Put a large spoonful of meatballs on the top of each then place the eyeballs around the sauce.