Honey and White Chocolate Traybake
I tried out Marriages Golden Wholemeal flour which gave the traybake a subtle nuttiness, a nice contrast to the sweet chocolate. Next time I may try drizzling melted white chocolate over the cooked traybake instead of putting chunks into the unbaked batter (a couple of pieces had burnt slightly) ...blueberries would be a good addition too. Options are endless and its a lovely basic recipe that you can play with.
Have a lovely weekend.
HONEY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE TRAYBAKE
| Serves: 16 squares | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes |
- 150g Butter
- 150g Set Honey
- 150g Golden Syrup
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Plain Flour - I used Marriages Golden Wholemeal
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- 75 White Chocolate Chunks
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 190c (170 fan). Grease and line a 30 x 20cm traybake tin with baking paper.
- Step 2: In a large pan melt the butter, honey, syrup and vanilla over a medium heat. Once melted set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Stir in the eggs then sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Step 4: Pour the batter into the lined tin then scatter with the white chocolate chunks.
- Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes, cool then slice into squares.