Baby Led Weaning: Sweetcorn and Cheddar Fritters
Heidi is 7 months old now and very much enjoying her food! Up to now she's been having homemade vegetable and fruit puree's (I have a bit of a fear of choking!) but I thought it was about time I introduced some foods she could feed to herself. These fritters are super easy to make and also freeze well too, so make a batch and stash some in the freezer for when time is short.
You could add some grated carrot to the batter or finely chopped spring onions but I kept it nice and simple with sweetcorn and cheese.
SWEETCORN AND CHEDDAR FRITTERS
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 50g Grated Cheddar
- Half a small tin of Sweetcorn
- Enough Milk to make a thick batter
- Step 1: In a large bowl mix together the flour and egg then stir in the baking powder, cheddar and sweetcorn.
- Step 2: Slowly add enough milk to make a thick batter - I used about 100ml.
- Step 3: Heat some butter and oil in a frying pan and fry large spoonfuls of the batter as you would pancakes - flip after about 2 minutes. Serve with extra grated cheese.