There's nothing better on a cold and wet Autumnal evening than tucking into a bowl of this squash and goats cheese pasta. Simple cooking at its best. The squash is roasted in the oven with a whole bulb of garlic and the creamy goats cheese contrasts the sweetness of the squash and garlic brilliantly. Blue cheese would also work here if you preferred.
SQUASH AND GOATS CHEESE PASTA
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes |
- 1 Bulb of Garlic
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 350g Spaghetti
- 150g Goats Cheese, crumbled
- A few sage leaves
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200c. Cut the top third off the garlic bulb, drizzle with oil then wrap in foil. Place on a baking tray along with the cubed squash and roast of 30 minutes.
- Step 2: About 20 minutes in, cook the spaghetti according to instructions and drain.
- Step 3: Toss the roasted squash into the spaghetti then squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the pasta too.
- Step 4: Add in the chopped sage leaves and half of the goats cheese.
- Step 5: Serve in bowls with extra goats cheese crumbled on top.