There's a cold snap on the way this weekend and I can't think of anything more comforting than tucking into a bowl of this chorizo and cheddar risotto on a cold November evening. I love oven baked risotto's as they can take care of them self, leaving you chance to get on with other stuff like bathing the kids, tidying up the toys and enjoying a nice glass of wine (well it is Friday!).
Enjoy the weekend whatever you are up to! We've got a birthday party, shopping for new school boots and anther trip to the brand new Lidls in Bude on the agenda, as well as lots of Christmas cooking for the freezer.
OVEN BAKED CHORIZO AND CHEDDAR RISOTTO
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 40 Minutes |
- 1 Onion
- 150g Chorizo, cut into chunks
- 300g Risotto Rice
- Splash of White Wine
- 700ml Chicken Stock
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 150g Cheddar, grated
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Step 2: In an ovenproof lidded casserole gently fry the onion and chorizo in a little oil until softened.
- Step 3: Stir in the Risotto Rice and make sure every grain gets coated in the oil.
- Step 4: Add the splash of wine and let it reduce for a minute then pour in the stock. Bring it to the boil then put a lid on the risotto and pop it in the oven.
- Step 5; After 20 minutes add the peas and cheddar and return (with the lid on) to the oven for another 5-10 minutes. If its looking a little dry add a little boiling water from a kettle.
- Step 6: Give it a good stir before serving and sprinkle with extra grated cheddar if desired.