Maple Roasted Carrots with Pecans
These Maple Roasted Carrots with Pecans are the perfect side dish to your Christmas lunch. Just pop them into the oven with your potatoes whilst your Turkey is resting - and don't forget you can prep them the night before and stash them in the fridge. I love how the maple syrup makes the carrots go sticky and caramelise.... and the nuts give the dish a lovely contrasting crunch!
I'll let you into a little secret - If you've got any leftover they are really good in a wrap with hummus!
MAPLE ROASTED CARROTS WITH PECANS
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 1kg Chantenay Carrots, quartered
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 TBSP Maple Syrup - I used Amber Maple Syrup from We Love Maple
- 25g Pecans, chopped
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 220c.
- Step 2: On a baking tray lay the carrots in a single layer, drizzle with oil and cover with a sheet of foil. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Step 3: Take off the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Take out of the oven then drizzle with the maple syrup and scatter over pecans. Return to oven for 5 minutes.