These Maple Roasted Carrots with Pecans are the perfect side dish to your Christmas lunch. Just pop them into the oven with your potatoes whilst your Turkey is resting - and don't forget you can prep them the night before and stash them in the fridge. I love how the maple syrup makes the carrots go sticky and caramelise.... and the nuts give the dish a lovely contrasting crunch!
I'll let you into a little secret - If you've got any leftover they are really good in a wrap with hummus!
MAPLE ROASTED CARROTS WITH PECANS
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes |
- 1kg Chantenay Carrots, quartered
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 TBSP Maple Syrup - I used Amber Maple Syrup from We Love Maple
- 25g Pecans, chopped
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 220c.
- Step 2: On a baking tray lay the carrots in a single layer, drizzle with oil and cover with a sheet of foil. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Step 3: Take off the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Take out of the oven then drizzle with the maple syrup and scatter over pecans. Return to oven for 5 minutes.