There are a few vegetarians and pescatarians in our wider family so I always try and make a vegetarian friendly stuffing on Christmas Day (along with my favourite sausagemeat one of course!). This Thyme and Parsley stuffing recipe has been developed by the chefs at Schwartz and uses mainly store cupboard ingredients you will have to hand. I've put my own twist on it with the addition of some fruity dried cranberries, which add colour and a sweet tang as well as some gently softened onion. These two ingredients work wonderfully with the herbs and ensures a tasty, robust stuffing that goes brilliantly with either turkey or whatever vegetarian option you are serving to your guests.
If you aren't making this recipe specifically for vegetarians you can use it to stuff the turkey itself, otherwise roll the mixture into balls or press into an oven proof dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
THYME AND PARSLEY STUFFING
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes |
- 2 TBSP Schwartz Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 TSP Schwartz Thyme
- 1/4 TSP Schwartz Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Schwartz Season All
- 50g Butter melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 1 Egg
- 225g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c. In a small frying pan, soften the chopped onion for 5 minutes in a little oil.
- Step 2: Place all of the ingredients, including the onion, in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Step 3: Use the stuffing to either stuff your Turkey, roll into balls or press into an oven proof dish and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.