Easy Mediterranean Pasta Bake with Degustabox
Degustabox is a monthly subscription food box service, where every month you're sent a brand new box of between 9 and 14 goodies to try. I find it's a great way for discovering new brands and products and my children this month have been converted to the Happy Monkey Kids Smoothies! Rory declaring them 'the best ever'.
I however, was drawn to the Barilla Wholewheat Pasta and Barilla Vegetable Pasta Sauce and decided to make a filling and hearty pasta bake with them. There's no need to precook the pasta for this either so it's literally mix everything in a bowl, pour into a dish and bung it in the oven kind of meal. I love easy food like this, especially on a busy weeknight.
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA BAKE
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes |
- 500g Wholewheat Pasta
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce (about 400g)
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 100g Chorizo, sliced
- 150ml Double Cream
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 200ml Boiling Water
- 2 TBSP Chopped Basil Leaves
- 80g Soft Goats Cheese
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) and in a large bowl mix together the pasta, pasta sauce, tomatoes, chorizo, double cream, garlic, basil and boiling water.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into a large oven proof dish and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Cover with foil after 20 minutes to prevent the pasta catching on top.
- Step 3: Serve with a green salad.
| Author: Beth Sachs | Date: 13th January 2016 |
If you fancy trying a box yourself, Degustabox are offering £6 off (RRP 12.99) if you enter the following code at the checkout BLDEG15.
The full list of products in this months box were as follows:
- DDC Foods - Hip Pops Crips
- Betavivo - Oats
- Nothing But - Fruit Snacks
- Barilla - Whole Wheat Fusilli
- Barilla - Vegetable sauce
- Eisberg - Non Alcohol wine
- Fabulous Bakers - Mango Pineapple Bars
- Drink Me - Snikky Chai Latte
- KoKo - Milk
- Halewood International - Crabbies Light
- Halewood International - Red Square Toffee
- Compete - Lemon Bites
- Happy Monkeys - Kids Smoothies
- Love Kombucha - Drink
- Tree Vitalise - Birch Water
- Nuva - Flavoured Water
Disclosure: I was sent a Degustabox to review. All thoughts are my own.