I make sure the kids and I ALWAYS eat Breakfast no matter how much of a rush we're in. Their absolute favourite is Maple and Raisin Slow Cooker Porridge, especially during the Winter months... with toast and marmite coming a close second. Hubby on the other hand rushes out of the door every morning without eating anything. Somewhat inevitably he ends up eating his packed lunch at 10am and spends the rest of the day sat at his desk starving hungry. So, in an effort to encourage him to eat something in the mornings as he hops in his car, I made these yummy Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cups using a couple of products from this month's Degustabox. The cups are a little bit like flapjacks but only take 10 minutes to bake. You can try different types of dried fruit and nuts - I used raisins this time but dried apricots would be nice I think. These little cups are also handy for popping into lunchboxes for snack time at school.
A little bit on Degustabox:
FRUIT AND NUT BREAKFAST CUPS
| Serves: makes 12 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
- 200g Jordans Fruit and Nut Crisp Cereal
- 100g Porridge Oats
- 100g Butter, melted
- 50g Light Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP Carob Syrup (or ordinary syrup)
- 100g Raisins
- 1 Egg
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180C/160Cfan. Place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Step 2: Melt the butter in a large pan then add all of the other ingredients.
- Step 3: Mix together thoroughly then spoon into 12 cupcake cases, pressing down firmly so they are tightly packed. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Leave to cool for 1 hour before eating.
| Author: Beth Sachs | Date: 29th January 2016 |
The full list of products in this months box were as follows:
- Finn Crisp – Crispbread
- Fentimans – Lemonade
- Halewood International – Tsingtao
- Coldpress – Apple juice
- Conscious Chocolate – Chocolate bar
- Jordans Ryvita – Fruit and Nut Country Crisp Cereal
- Amoy – Taste of Asia Sauce
- Calbee – Yushoi Sticks
- Clarks – Carob Syrop
- Nah Foods- Slim Noodles
- Fruitbowl – Blackcurrant
- Gathr Foods – Crobar
- AO Foods – Fit Fit bar