Nice and Spicy Chicken Curry
Anyway, this cold weather definitely calls for hot and spicy food to warm you up and my spicy chicken curry is just about perfect. It's a bit on the hot side for small kids though so this one's probably best reserved for the adults.
For this recipe you need to make the curry sauce the night before so the flavours have 24 hours to develop - it really does make a difference to the finished dish. You can also make the curry sauce and freeze it until needed. Feel free to try different meats too, leftover roast beef would work well I think.
SPICY CHICKEN CURRY
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 50 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hr 20 |
- 4 TBSP Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Large Onions, chopped
- 2 Red Chilli's, chopped
- 4 TSP Medium Curry paste
- 1 TBSP Turmeric
- 2 TBSP Mango Chutney
- 1 Tin Coconut Cream
- 1 TBSP Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Passata (large carton around 600ml
- Small Bunch of Coriander, chopped
- 2 TSP Fenugreek
- 4 heaped TBSP Greek Yogurt
- 1kg Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, chopped
- Step 1: In a large pan, heat the oil then fry the garlic, onions and chilli for about 15 minutes stirring regularly.
- Step 2: Add the curry paste and turmeric and stir in.
- Step 3: Add the mango chutney, coconut cream, sweet chilli sauce, passata, coriander, fenugreek and greek yogurt and leave in a low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: Store the curry sauce in the fridge overnight or freeze until you want it.
- Step 5: When you are ready to eat, fry the chicken in a little oil until brown then pour over the curry sauce. Cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes.