Mission Deli Turning Pink For Breast Cancer Care
I’ve got two delicious recipes using Mission Deli wraps to share with you today, developed by food writer and stylist Rosie Birkett for the Breast Cancer Care's #FriendshipUnwrapped campaign.
For the third year running, Mission Deli has pledged to support Breast Cancer Care by turning their Original wrap packs pink and pledging to donate £50,000 from the sales of their packs to the charity throughout October. As the theme of the campaign is all around friendship, they've partnered with Rosie Birkett to create some lovely sharing recipes, perfect for an evening in with the girls, all with lots of lovely hints of pink.
The recipe's are super tasty so why not pledge your own support to the cause and get the girlies round this Friday night for a catch up and giggle whilst tucking into one of these fab recipes.
SPICED APPLE TART
Using two wraps layered up with butter and baked makes for an ingeniously easy pastry alternative for the base of this tart.
2 apples, cored, quartered and very finely sliced
2 Mission Deli Original wraps
50g unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Lay one wrap on it and paint it with melted butter. Lay the other wrap on top, paint with more butter and bake for 6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile toss the apple with the remaining melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
4. Remove the base from the oven and arrange the apples on top in a circular pattern.
5. Bake for a further 12 minutes or until the apples are cooked and the base is golden.
6. Serve with natural yoghurt or creme fraiche. Perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea or dessert.
CHEATS KIMCHI QUESADILLA WITH TOASTED SESAME VEGAN MAYO
This umami-packed quesadilla is perfect for sharing and is inspired by the spicy, savoury flavours of kimchi.
For the paste
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 shallots, peeled
1/2 tsp chilli powder
tbsp maple syrup
tsp soy sauce
tsp rice vinegar
tbsp rapeseed oil
1/4 white cabbage, sliced
1/2 white onion, sliced
1 spring onion, sliced
100g vegan cheese
2 Mission Deli wraps
for the mayo
tbsp vegan mayonnaise (e.g. Mayola)
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
tsp black sesame seeds
To make the cheats kimchi paste
1. Blitz all the ingredients for the paste in a mini chopper or food processor.
2. Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the paste and cook it off over a medium heat for a few minutes.
3. Add in the onion, cabbage and spring onion and cook for about five minutes, until the cabbage is cooked and the whole lot is incorporated with the spicy paste. Set aside.
To make the Quesadilla
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Place one wrap in the pan and cover with half the vegan cheese.
2. Top with the cabbage mix and then cover with the rest of the cheese.
3. Place another wrap on top and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
4. Flip the quesadilla onto a plate and then put it back in the pan with the uncooked wrap on the bottom.
5. Cook for a further three minutes then slide out of the pan and cut. Mix the mayo ingredients together and serve alongside the quesadilla.
Disclosure: This is an advertorial post. All thoughts are my own.