If you're of my persuasion and not really fussed about it, but feel like you ought to make the effort for your loved one or the kids, these easy chocolate brownie hearts are the perfect recipe for you!
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING A CHOCOLATE BROWNIE HEART PLATTER
- I added some fudge pieces to the brownie batter but you could use chopped up chocolate bars (Mars Bars and Double Decker's work well), dried fruit or nuts instead (in the same quantity as I used the fudge).
- I made a quick salted caramel sauce to drizzle over the brownie hearts and the red raspberries added a nice colour contrast. You could even use a shop bought sauce or coulis and decant it into a nice jug.
- Once out of the oven, chill the brownies for a few hours before cutting into heart shapes with a heart biscuit cutter. They will be much easier to cut when cold.
- Dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar and serve. A dollop of clotted cream would make it the ultimate indulgent treat.
OTHER VALENTINES DAY RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE HEARTS PLATTER
Chocolate Brownie Hearts Platter
Chocolate Brownie Hearts Platter for Valentines Day served with Fresh Raspberries and a Salted Caramel Sauce.
- 300g Plain Chocolate (less than 60% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 125g Butter
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 90g Golden Caster Sugar
- 150g Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 100g Plain Flour
- 100g Fudge pieces
- To serve: Fresh fruit, nuts, salted caramel sauce
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c/160cfan. Line a 20x30cm baking tin.Step 2: Place the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder in a microwaveable bowl and melt in the microwave. I do 10 second bursts and stir in between to make sure it doesn't burn.Step 3: Stir in the sugars, eggs and flour. Pour half into the tin, scatter over the fudge then pour the other half of the mixture on top making sure the fudge is submerged.Step 4: Bake for 25 minutes. Once out of the oven allow to cool then pop in the fridge overnight. Use a heart shape cutter to cut out hearts and place on a platter with fresh fruit, nuts and candy.
Yield: 10 hearts with off cuts
Pin the Chocolate Brownie Hearts Platter for later...
KEEP IN TOUCHFacebook