This Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken Curry was utterly delicious. It's not too hot, so the kids could to enjoy it and I could leave it going in the slow cooker all afternoon, filling my house with a yummy smell. We were hungry by tea time that's for sure. I served it with some basmati rice and poppadoms.
SLOW COOKER CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 4-6 Hours on Low | Total Time: 4-6 Hours |
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 TBSP Curry Powder
- 2 TSP Light Brown Sugar
- 300ml Chicken Stock
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 5 Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 TBSP Cornflour
- Chopped Spring Onion and Red Chilli to Garnish
- Step 1: Heat some oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and fry for a further 30 seconds. Add the sugar, stock and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Step 2: Toss the chicken pieces in the cornflour and lay in the bottom of the slow cooker, pour over the curry sauce, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Step 3: Season and serve with rice.