Wild garlic is in abundance in my garden at the moment. I've already made some batches of wild garlic pesto which are stashed in the fridge (great for a quick and easy pasta supper) but decided to make a more robust sauce for pasta using the raw leaves. I stirred the sauce through some four cheese tortellini but any type of pasta, fresh or dried would be fine.
WILD GARLIC, MUSHROOM AND BACON SAUCE
By Beth Sachs, April 29th 2015
A creamy garlicky sauce, perfect stirred through pasta
- 4 Rashers Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 150g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of Wild Garlic, shredded
- 200ml Creme Fraiche
- Handful of Parmesan, grated
- Ground Black Pepper
- Step 1: Fry the bacon in a little oil until cooked. Add the sliced mushrooms and wild garlic and stir until mushrooms are cooked (about 3-4 minutes).
- Step 2: Add the creme fraiche and parmesan and stir to combine.
- Step 3: Serve stirred through your favourite pasta with a grinding of black pepper.
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Yield: serves 2 as a pasta sauce