The rounds of Christmas disco's, parties and concerts have started this week. After school today we're off to a Christingle service at our local church and then a Brownies party later on for my eldest daughter! In busy times like this I love homecooked meals that can be made quickly and you wont find many meals as quick to make as this creamy mushroom stroganoff. It takes all of 10 minutes but is so tasty that people will genuinely think you've been slaving over a hot stove for hours.
If you wanted to make it more meaty, fry some thin strips of steak with the mushrooms and add another spoon of creme fraiche at the end. A sprinkling of chopped parsley would be a nice garnish but not for my kids!
10 MINUTE MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
By Beth Sachs, 1st December 2015
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 TBSP Smoked Paprika
- 350g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- Rich Beef Stock Pot - I used Knorr
- 4 TBSP Creme Fraiche
- Step 1: Fry the onion, garlic and smoked paprika for 2 minutes.
- Step 2: Turn the heat up and add the mushrooms, fry for a further 2 minutes
- Step 3: Add the stock pot and creme fraiche, mix together. Allow to warm through then serve on a bed of rice.
Yield: Serves 2 adults
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes