I've temporarily (or so I hope) lost my blogging mojo. I took a week off at half term as I was also on annual leave from my day job and quite frankly needed a rest...and I'm currently struggling to get back into it. I've done loads of cooking over the past few weeks but haven't felt the urge to set up my camera and blog any of the recipes - although I wish I had taken some photo's of the Spinach and Sweet Potato soup I made on Monday! I'll just have to make that again I guess.
I thought I'd break myself back in gently with some cupcakes I made a while ago but never got around to publishing. Everyone loves a light and fluffy cupcake with a smooth and creamy butter icing don't they? These yummy Fudge Cupcakes make the perfect after school treat or bake sale offering (Red Nose Day is not too far off!) and are super simple to make. Enjoy!
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING THE CUPCAKES
- The recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.
- The un-iced cupcakes can frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- If you don't have any fudge use mini smarties or chocolate chips instead.
- Use salted butter in the icing - I find it gives it a much better taste.
OTHER CUPCAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Creme Egg Cupcakes from Taming Twins
- Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes from Jam and Clotted Cream
- Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Jo's Kitchen
- Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from A Mummy Too
VANILLA FUDGE CUPCAKES
Vanilla Fudge Cupcakes
Light and moist vanilla cupcakes with a creamy vanilla and fudge buttercream icing.
- 110g Butter, softened
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 110g Self Raising Flour
- For the buttercream:
- 170g Salted Butter, softened
- 500g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 50ml Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 6 pieces Salted Caramel Fudge, chopped
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c/160fan and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.Step 2: In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs and vanilla extract and fold in the flour until all combined.Step 3: Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.Step 4: Whilst the cupcakes are cooling put the softened butter in a stand mixer (you can do this by hand too) and beat until creamy. Add the icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract and beat for a further few minutes until all combined.Step 5: Once the cupcakes are cool pipe the icing onto the cakes and sprinkle on the fudge pieces.
Pin it for later...
KEEP IN TOUCHFacebook