I've got another super easy chicken recipe to share with you today. Utilising the trusty Sunday leftovers, this creamy risotto is one of my 'bung it in the oven' varieties. No stirring means you have time to get on with other things - at the moment this means mopping my muddy floors! I'm sure the weather will get better once the kids go back to School.
The kids aren't that keen on spinach so I only added a small handful - it would quite happily take a lot more. I also added a couple of bacon rashers too as I had them in the fridge, but it would be fine without.
Have a good week - I can't believe it's the last full week of the holidays for us!
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN, PEA & SPINACH RISOTTO
By Beth Sachs, 24th August 2015
- 25g Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 Bacon rashers, chopped
- 300g Risotto rice
- Glass of white wine
- 700ml Chicken Stock
- 100g Frozen Peas
- Handful of baby Spinach
- Leftover Cooked Chicken - however much you've got
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 200c (180 fan).
- Step 2: In a large oven proof casserole, melt the butter then gently fry the onion, garlic and bacon for 5 minutes. Add in the risotto rice, stir to coat in buttery juices then add the wine. Cook off the wine for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil then put a lid on the casserole and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: After 15 minutes add in the peas, spinach and chicken - give it a good stir and return to the oven for the final 5 minutes of cooking (you can add a little boiling water if it's looking a bit dry).
- Step 4: Serve with lots of grated Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes