Slow Cooker Bolognese
With young kids and a hubby who works all hours of the day, my slow cooker is my lifesaver. I can chuck in the ingredients, forget about it all day, and have a lovely home cooked meal for my family by dinner time.
| Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 8 hours on Low or 5 on High setting |
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1kg Minced Beef
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Tomato Puree
- 3 TSP Dried Oregano
- 100ml Milk
- 200ml Wine (red or white)
- 350ml Beef Stock, hot
- Salt, Pepper and a pinch of sugar to season
- Basil and Parmesan to serve
- Step 1: Brown the mince in batches and place in the slow cooker.
- Step 2: Place all the other ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Step 3: Stir through some torn basil and scatter over grated Parmesan before serving.