Leek, Bacon and Feta Frittata
I love concocting meals from leftovers, it gives me a real sense of satisfaction that I'm not wasting perfectly good food. This frittata was one such creation, using a couple of leftover leeks, a few rashers of bacon, some reduced feta (£2.99 reduced to 30p - I love a good bargain) and the remains of some fresh mint. It ended up being a tasty Saturday night dinner for hubby and I, while we watched the footie on the box.
LEEK BACON AND FETA FRITTATA
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 2 large leeks, washed, trimmed, cut in half then sliced into half moons
- 25g Butter
- 3 Rashers of Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 180g Feta, crumbled
- Handful of mint leaves, torn
- 6 eggs, beaten and seasoned
- Step 1: In a medium frying pan, melt the butter then add the leeks and fry until soft. Turn the heat up, add the bacon until cooked.
- Step 2: Preheat the grill. Pour in the eggs, add the feta and mint into the frying pan and give it a good stir. Cook on the heat for around 8 minutes until the top is almost set.
- Step 3: Transfer to the grill and grill until nicely browned.
- Step 4: Transfer to a serving plate and cut into wedges.