I think I've found it - the perfect quick midweek supper- great for when you'd rather be outside enjoying the lovely weather that we're experiencing at the moment. This recipe requires no chopping, very little measuring and hardly any stirring - Nigella would be proud.
The caramelised red onion chutney gives the dish a wonderful sweetness and the lentils add a bit of bulk, in place of my usual mushrooms. Give this a go soon, promise you wont be disappointed.
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 2 TBSP Garlic Oil
- 4 Slices of Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 500g Lean Steak Mince
- Glass of Red Wine
- Heaped TBSP Red Onion Chutney
- 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- 75g Red Lentils
- 125ml Water
- 25g Parmesan, grated, pus extra for serving
- Basil to serve
- Step 1: Heat the garlic oil in a pan then fry the bacon pieces until going crispy on the edges.
- Step 2: Add the mince and fry until brown.
- Step 3: Add the wine and let it bubble for a minute before adding the tomatoes, lentils and red onion chutney, season then add the water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Add the grated Parmesan and stir through.
- Step 5: Serve with extra Parmesan and basil.