Pine Nut Bread with Greek Yogurt
This is an ultra quick no yeast bread that can be rustled up in under an hour - that's preparation, mixing and baking. It includes a slightly unusual ingredient - Greek Yogurt, but it's the yogurt that gives the bread a wonderful flavour and keeps it moist for a couple of days. I decided to put some toasted pine nuts in this one, although other nuts would work equally well, as would fresh chopped herbs, sun dried tomatoes, olives and dried fruit. The combinations are endless. Just use the quantities as a base recipe and go and experiment.
PINE NUT BREAD WITH GREEK YOGURT
| Serves: 1 Loaf | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes |
- 250g Plain Flour
- 250g Wholemeal Flour
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Bicarbonate of Soda
- Handful of toasted Pine Nuts
- 300ml Greek Yogurt
- 125ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 230C/210C Fan.
- Step 2: In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, mix thoroughly, knead for a few minutes on a floured surface and form into a flattish round ball.
- Step 3: Oil a baking sheet and place the bread on it, making a few slashes in the top.
- Step 4: Bake for 25 - 30 mins - it should sound hollow when the base is tapped.