The creamy ricotta made a wonderfully fresh sauce for the asparagus and pasta, and the addition of the sun dried tomatoes gave it an extra, almost meaty dimension (you could use sun blush tomatoes instead if you prefer). Try it whilst you still have time, asparagus season doesn't last very long.
ASPARAGUS, SUN DRIED TOMATO AND RICOTTA FARFALLE
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 250g Ricotta (well drained)
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 50 Parmesan, grated
- 4 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Bunch of asparagus, trimmed and blanched, then refreshed in cold water and chopped
- 300g Farfalle
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: Cook pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for required time.
- Step 2: Meanwhile mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Step 3: Once the pasta is cooked, drain then mix in the ricotta sauce and asparagus. Return to a low heat for a minute just to warm through the sauce.