| Serves: 10 Slices | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes |
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 175g Butter, softened (I used Roddas)
- 175g Golden Caster Sugar
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- 300g Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180c/160fan and line a 23cm spring form tin with baking paper and butter the sides.
- Step 2: Put all of the ingredients, apart from the strawberries in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Step 3: In your prepared tin spoon in half the mixture and spread it out - because it is quite dry it is a bit tricky (try using a couple of forks).
- Step 4: Place the sliced strawberries on top then put the other half of the mixture on top - don't worry if some strawberries are poking out. Remember the mixture is quite dry so it can be difficult to fully cover the strawberries.
- Step 5: Bake for 1 hour (check to make sure it's not browning too much on top - if it is cover with foil).