Chocolate Caramel Flapjacks
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL FLAPJACKS
| Serves: makes 16 squares | Prep Time: 10 Minutes plus overnight chilling | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Total Time: 55 Minutes plus chilling |
- 200g Butter
- 140g Light Brown Sugar
- 60g Golden Granulated Sugar
- 2 TBSP Syrup
- 350g Oats
- 250g Caramel - or just use a 397g tin of Carnation Caramel (you will just end up with a thicker layer of caramel)
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 150c and line a 20cm square cake in with baking paper.
- Step 2: Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and add in the oats.
- Step 3: Pour the flapjack mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes. Let the flapjack cool.
- Step 4: Spread the caramel onto the now cooled flapjack and put in the fridge to set (overnight).
- Step 5: Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then spread on top of the caramel
- Step 6: Place the tin back in the fridge until chocolate has set.
- Step 7: Cut into 16 squares and keep in the fridge.