OK, shoot me, I used linguine instead of spaghetti, a cardinal sin according to my hubby!
Despite this 'oversight' on my part it turned out to be a deliciously rich bolognese, not dry as I often worry with turkey.
Although the recipe uses turkey mince, there is absolutely no reason why you couldn't substitute it with some leftover cooked turkey (chopped up in a food processor) from your Christmas lunch! Just remember to add the turkey after the mushrooms.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
| Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 50 |
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 250g Mushrooms, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 600g Turkey Mince - or use leftover turkey chopped up
- 1 dried chilli
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Tomato Puree
- 325ml Red Wine
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Sprig of thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1: Heat a glug of oil in a large pan and cook the onions and garlic until starting to brown. Add the turkey and brown all over.
- Step 2: Crumble in the chilli, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce and thyme and simmer on hob for an hour and a half.