A quick, easy and tasty midweek supper, utilising the last of this seasons purple sprouting broccoli. The broccoli is so tender you only have to blanch it for a minute in boiling water before tossing with the pasta. The Parmesan is completely optional - but I love it!
PURPLE SPROUTING BROCCOLI, CHILLI AND PINE NUT PASTA
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes |
- 250g Fusilli
- Large handful or purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 2 TBSP Rapeseed Oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 TSP chili flakes
- Small handful of toasted pine nuts
- Handful of grated Parmesan
- Step 1: Put a pan of water on to boil and when boiling add the pasta
- Step 2: Heat the oil in frying pan and gently fry the garlic, chilli and onion until softened.
- Step 3: Add the purple sprouting broccoli to the pasta water for the last minute of cooking, drain (reserving a little liquid) then toss through the garlicky oil.
- Step 4: Serve with the pine nuts and grated Parmesan