I had a lovely delivery of Garofalo pasta a few days ago including this Orzo - a type I find impossible to buy here in North Cornwall. I decided to use it in a summer pasta salad including feta, roasted red peppers, courgettes and red onion, but you could quite easily substitute for other vegetables - tomatoes, cucumber etc. It takes all of 10 minutes to put together (and that includes pasta cooking time) so perfect for a hastily arranged summer BBQ!
FETA AND SUMMER VEGETABLE ORZO SALAD
| Serves: 2 | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes |
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 250g Orzo
- 1 Courgette, halved and sliced
- 2 roasted Red Peppers from a jar, chopped
- 150g Feta, crumbled
- Small handful of Mint and Parsley, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice (optional)
- Step 1: Put the sliced onion in a bowl with the red wine vinegar and oil and marinate while you cook the pasta.
- Step 2: While the pasta is cooking quickly fry the courgette to cook through then set aside.
- Step 3: Drain the pasta and combine with all the other ingredients and season.
- Step 4: Keep in fridge until needed and drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil just before serving.