It was beautiful and moist and a cake that I will be making again very soon.... next time I might try it with raspberries or blueberries.
BLACKBERRY, COCONUT AND LIME TRAYBAKE
| Serves: 16 Squares | Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 1 Hour | Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes |
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 25g Oats
- 280g Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g Cold Butter, cubed
- 100g Dessicated Coconut
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 300g Blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 50g Pecan Nuts, chopped
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180c (160 fan) and line and grease a 30 x 20 tin (or use a foil tin as I did).
- Step 2: Put the flour, oats and sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter until you get breadcrumbs.
- Step 3: Stir through the coconut and reserve 1 mug of the mixture.
- Step 4: Stir in the eggs, lime zest and pecan nuts and press the mixture into the tin.
- Step 5: Scatter over the blackberries then pour over the reserved mixture in the mug.
- Step 6: Bake for 1 hour.